THE 70s, 80s and 90s
The 70s was marked by great economic, political and social movements.
The women's struggle for equal rights and political and economic freedom and began the second wave of the feminist movement.
And the women won major victories. Several European countries have passed equal pay laws for men and women. In 1972, some all-male courses at Oxford University opened its doors to women in 1979 and Margaret Thatcher is elected first woman minister of the United Kingdom.
Throughout the decade, Brazil is ruled by a military dictatorship. The dictatorship reached the peak of its popularity in the mid-1970s, with the "economic miracle" in the same time the regime censored all the country's media, tortured and exilava dissidents.
In music, at 70, comes to an end The Beatles and Elvis Presley dies 73, both had greatly influenced the fashion and behavior in the previous decade.
Early in the decade, the hippie movement is still very strong.
In the mid-70s, the Punk arises, which is a movement of youth subculture originating in the United States, Australia and the UK. The movement will have influence on rock music, in fashion, the arts and film.
Television was a national obsession in many Western countries.
With ads, music shows and numerous series and programs, television had much influence on behavior and fashion.
The cinema and fashion magazines still also having a lot of influence.
Some of TV series
- I Dream of Jeannie - 65-70 starring Barbara Eden and Larry Hagman
- BEWITCHED - 69 72 starring Elizabeth Montgomery and Dick York.
- WONDER WOMAN - 75 A 79 starring Lynda Carter.
- BIONIC WOMAN -76-78 starring Lindsay Wagner.
- CHARLIE'S ANGELS - 76 to 81 starring Farrah Fawcett, Jaclyn Smith and David Doyle.
- HART TO HART - 79 to 84 starring Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers
Another feature of this period was very tanned skin. Women liked to go to the beach and sunbathe. There were several ad tanning.
Thus we see a change in the conception of society, which in previous decades, the white skin was synonymous with the aristocracy and the burned skin from the sun, was synonymous with work in the field. Here tanned skin has become synonymous with free time for leisure and the beach became a favorite outing on vacation. The Girl from Ipanema music composed in the 60s by Vinicius de Moraes and Antonio Carlos Jobim became known worldwide when recorded by Frank Sinatra in the late 60's and is the girl from the beach.
"Tall and tan and young and lovely
The girl from Ipanema goes walking
And when she passes, each one
she passes goes - ah
When she walks, she's like a samba
That swings so cool and sways so gentle
That when she passes, each one
she passes goes - ah (...)."
Girl from Ipanema
Some of the actresses who greatly influenced the behavior and women style were: Farrah Fawcett (Panthers), Diane Keaton, Faye Dunaway, Lindsay Wagner (bionic woman), Stefanie Powers (Hart to Hart), Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman), Joanna Lumley Elizabeth Montgomery, Barbara Eden (I Dream of Jeannie), Joan Collins and Jene Fonda
Farrah Fawcett Diane Keaton
Faye Dunaway Lindsay Wagner
Stefanie Powers Lynda Carter
Joanna Lumley Elizabeth Montgomery
Barbara Eden Jane Fonda
In the early 70s there was a revival in the second half of the 20s and some films as The Boy Friend (1971) and The Great Gatsby (1974) brought this time around and had a share of influence in women's makeup mainly on the eyebrows that turned to be more defined.
Shortly after the second half of the 70s, there is the discotheque and disco music, whose big stars Donna Summer, The Bee Gees, KC and the Sunshine Band, ABBA and Chic. And they influence very fashionable and makeup of the time.
A film that was a big hit was - Saturday Night Fever.
Saturday Night Fever Donna Summer
Other musical rhythm that had great influence on fashion in the 70's was the Bob Marley reggae with Rastafarian style.
Early in the decade, the market for clothes prêt à porter grows and in the year 73, the great haute couture designers have also started to produce ready-made clothes and twice a year presenting his collections in Paris.
In the mid-70s, the parades began to take place in Milan, Tokyo, London and New York. However, strict couture system, created by Charles Frederick Worth, in the nineteenth century was not extinct, continued to have great influence in the fashion world, particularly among consumers of high-end luxury.
Fashion in the 70s was very eclectic, very colorful, as much for women as for men.
The Jeans was one of the symbols of this decade. it came in long skirts or midi, pants bell mouth or straight pants.
The bell-mouth pants, fabric, were widely used throughout the decade of 70. They were very colorful and, in most cases, used to the same color pants and blouse, forming a set. It is used with blazer, button blouses, tops and T-shirts.
The mini skirts that had been invented in the previous decade came with all his might, in various designs, sizes, patterns and colors. They were used with various types of shoes, but the most common among joveens was the doll shoe style with knee socks wore it with shirts with button, pure, with scarf or ties. Also he wore, shirts and mini blazer.
In Russia I used a lot the stocking with shorts and berets.
The dresses came mini, midi and long. Minis and midis them, were normally évasée. The fabrics were smooth pure, smooth comdetalhes, floral, striped or checkered. The long, most were loose dresses with floral prints.
Another most widely used style in this decade was the dress "bata" (unfamiliar translation into English) with high boots. And the boots have come in various colors and models
A very common style in Russia were the sets, skirt-midi and blazer. And it is always used in combination with the shoes and the bag. The Russian also used very berets.
The disk had fashion various styles, but the most commonly used were overalls or bell-bottom pants in very shiny fabrics or skirts and short dresses, shiny fabrics, with boots.
The men's fashion as well with the female was very colorful and tissues were various patterns, such as chess and flowers. The high waist pants and bell-bottoms was predominantly the most used.
The jeans came into fashion pants, jacket and overalls. The most widely used pants style was the bell mouth. The younger wore pants with side embroidery and combined with shirts that also had embroidery.
The sport-thin style was the bell-bottom pants with high waist. The pants were of various colors, with smooth or checkered fabric. The blouses were button with plain fabrics, floral prints or squared.
The disco was the bell-bottom pants with suit, vest and shirt collar and long sleeves and shiny fabric with colorful blouses and overalls of long sleeves. They also had the bell-bottom pants with shirts, wide open or set of pants and blazer.
Another style that was very successful in this decade was the unisex. That was propagated in the fashion magazine pages, with clothing ads "for him and her."
Foram vários os tipos de cortes e penteados
It was created by hairstylist Paul McGregor for the character of Jane Fonda, Bree Daniels. It is a unisex cut with layers and sides forming a full fringe.
It was created by Vidal Sassoon. Cutting short, with side, steep and angled layers, giving a very bulky appearance.
Permanent curls, piled giving a wig format. Widely used by Donna Summer.
Of various styles and various colors.
African braids, rooted in the scalp, very used by actress Cicely Tyson
Widely used in the disco.
It was created by hairstylist Allen Edwards at 76 for the character of Farrah Fawcett in the series - Charlie's Angels. It was a long gash in overturned layers inside, the platinum blonde color. This cut was the most copied this and the next decade and led many women to lotarem beauty salons.
Hairstyles and men's cuts also very varied.
Same as female
It was created by American hairstylist Jheri Redding. The creation of this hairstyle involves two steps: First, the hair is softened and stretched and then with chemicals is made a permanent wrapped.
It was a very popular cut and consists of two distinct parts: short layers on the top and sides and long hair at the back.
Cut with side layers and grand fringe
Of various styles and various colors.
The feminist movement was growing, women no longer wanted to be housewives, there was a blast of women working outside, leading a strong impact on advertising and in the cosmetics industry.
The cosmetic brands began to abandon the outdated representations of women housewife who had to be beautiful for her husband, and arises independent woman, working out, but still remains beautiful.
There were lots of makeup options: and those that stood out were: Revlon, Rimmel, Biba, Max Factor, Yardley, Coty, Helena Rubinstein, Elizabeth Arden, Ricilsóie, Maybelline, Dior, Avon, Charles of the Ritz, Harriet Hubbard Ayer, Cover Girl and Chanel. All names are well known in the cosmetic market, although the success varying from country to country.
For example, Rimmel, Yardley and Biba were popular in their own home in Britain but less so abroad. The Biba, despite being restricted to that decade, it was a very popular brand, to the point that at 74 she occupies seven floors of a department store in London under the name of Big Biba.
Cover Girl and Maybelline were very popular in the United States.
The Max Factor who had the lead in the decades starting in the late 70s, to suffer a decline in their profit margin, having as one of the main causes of the fact that there is no other family representative as president of the company.
During this decade emerged specific makeup for black women.
The Fashion Fair Cosmetics debuted in 1973 with a line exclusively for black-skinned and had ads with famous black women as Natalie Cole, Aretha Franklin and Diahann Carroll.
Established brands expanded their hand fans to include makeup for darker skin tones and Avon took the lead.
In 1974, Vogue was the first popular magazine with a black model on the cover - Beverly Johnson
MAGAZINES DA DECADE
1970 - Max Factor launches Pure Magic lipgloss - shiny gloss in various colors and Ultralucent Face Makeup Collection - shadow line of colored eyes.
- Maybelline launches shadow cream in 5 colors - blue, green, white, lilac and yellow and Duo shadows.
- Revlon launches line Platinum & Pearls - lipstick and nail polish, platinum and pearl.
- Coty launches Liquid Makeup - liquid foundation.
1971 - Yardeley launches sigh shandow - shade in fine powder. liquid.
- Rimmel launches makeup and nail polish line.
- Max Factor launches two lines Pure Magic: the first comprised of lip gloss and shadow shiny and the second by lipstick and blue eyeshadow.
- Maybelline launches lipgloss roll-on, shadows on ultra velvety powder and eye makeup kit, consisting of trio of shadows, eyeliner eyebrows and eyelashes mask.
- Revlon launches Extra long big lash mask - mask for extra large eyelashes
- Helena Rubinstein launches Designing Eyes kit - composed of shadow in blue color, shade of eyelashes and eyebrows mask folder.
- Lancôme launches, Makeup Eye with the slogan: Sprekend ogen door - Speaking with the eyes.
1972 - Yardeley launches in pot gloss and eye make-up kit, consisting of shadow mask and eyeliner.
- Maybelline launches line of eye shadows colorful flowers and kit with gloss and shadow duo.
- Max Factor launches 2 ultralucent lines waterproof makeup - face line and line eyes.
- Elizabeth Arden lança kit de maquiagem para os olhos com slogan: Self portrait eyes – auto-retrato dos olhos
- Ricilsóie - launches kit makeup eyes with the slogan: Seduction on your eyelids.
Charles of the Ritz Launches Face Makeup kit.
- Harriet Hubbard Ayer launches eye makeup in three shades of blue.
- Helena Rubinstein launches Brush on lipcreme.
- Biba launches its collection of eye makeup in shades of blue and lilac.
1973 - Maybelline launches Eye shadow Colors That cling and fresh face blush.
- Cover Girl launches Shiny Shadows and face makeup kit.
- Dior launches line Eye Color Dior.
- Max Factor makeup line launches California and Eye Makeup Summer.
- Elizabeth Arden launches invisible illuminator.
- Revlon launches makeup Touch & Glow face - heen with foundation.
- Yardeley launches Makeup China brights eyes.
1974 - Avon launches line eyes sweet honesty.
- Maybelline launches lipgloss kissing slicks, powder-twist shadows in 12 colors and automatic cream-on shadow.
Revlon Launches New shiny eyecrayon pencils.
- Max Factor launches ultralucent face glazer.
- Ricilsóie launches complete line of makeup.
- Fashion Fair launches 2nd collection of makeup for black women.
- Coty launches makeup kit.
- Cover Girl lança Kit Makeup Eyes e coleção Color Lipstick.
- Helena Rubinstein launches shadow with touch of sparkle.
1975 - Max Factor launches ultralucent line waterproof makeup for black skin.
- Elizabeth Arden – launches sparkling shine eye shadow.
- Revlon launches kit makeup eyes slogan: Big eyes, composed by duo shadow and mask of eyelashes.
- Maybelline launches face fresh line and New great shadow.
1976 – Elizabeth Arden launches Lipstick.
– Custom Blends cosmetics launches slick glow for black skin.
- Fashion Fair launches 3rd collection of makeup for black women.
- Avon launches lipstick sparklers – with two colors for the day and two colors for the night.
- Max Factor launches Ultralucent Face Makeup Collection.
1977 - Custom Blends cosmetics launches line Disco Dazzlers, composed of lipstick and nail polish.
- Helena Rubinstein launches light coverage foundation and blush cream.
- Ricilsóie launches l'ombre settle - liquid shadow.
- Rimmel launches line makeup to the face.
1978 - Revlon launches line of lighted lipsticks.
- Revlon launches eye makeup with the slogan: Moon Drop and moon drops super cream lipstick with drops of moon.
- Cover Girl launches liquid blush.
1979 - Ultra Sheen Cosmetics launches makeup Fabulous Face.
- Avon launches Fun Collection consists of lip gloss, eyeshadow and lipstick.
- Chanel launches makeup kit with slohan - Chanel beauty dramatically.
- Max Factor laUNCHES Crème Lipstick
CHARACTERISTICS OF MAKEUP
The makeup in the 70's had several characteristics. It had makeup for tanned skin, the makeup for the hippie movement, the makeup for the punk movement, the makeup of everyday life and makeup for disco.
MAKEUP FOR BLACK SKIN
LIPSTICK - How to apply lipstick is the same as is done today, skirting around the lip
-BRONZED WOMAN - most gave preference to gloss instead of lipstick, the most used colors were in shades of pink or orange. The night they wore lipstick and lip gloss applied over glow
- PUNK - they wore lipstick and favorite color was red or purple.
- HIPPIE - preferred the gloss and the most used colors were colorless, pink and orange.
- DAY TO DAY - both white women and black women wore lipstick or gloss, and favorite color was pink or mouth color.
- DISC - The lipstick was very strong and the preferred color, regardless of skin color was red.
FONDATION - The foundation was the same skin tone, or two shades darker when the skin was tanned. The fundação was used to cover the skin and give the appearance closer to natural as possible.
CONCEALER - was used before the base to correct the imperfections.
BLUSH - During the day the blush was applied in a circular fashion in the apples of the cheeks and pulled with a slight slope toward the temples. At night it was applied to the apples and pulled with greater inclination and linearly, almost forming a rectangle, toward the temples.
- BRONZED WOMAN - the preferred color was bronze shades.
- PUNK - They wore with great intensity and preferred colors were shades of pink and purple.
- HIPPIE - the lighter skin gave preference to light pink and the yellow skinned preferred the bronze shade of blush.
DAY TO DAY - preferred color by both white and black, was pink, and the intensity varied from light to medium.
DISCO - were well marked and preferred colors were strong roses.
SHADOW - was the essential item of makeup and were very colorful. Painted eyelids were the big star of makeup in this decade. Used one, two or three colors. The most commonly used combinations was pink with blue, pink with lilac and green with blue. Blue was the color of the decade
The colors during the day were in pastel shades, and the night the colors were more intense. The color of the decade was blue, but there used to be green, pink, purple, white, orange and yellow. The shadows for the evening were scintillating or glitter, which was widely used in the discs. At the bottom of the eyes, they preferred to apply the same shadow applied on the eyelids, instead of eyeliner. The shadows were powdered, liquid, cream pot, creamy rod-shaped or pen.
ILLUMINATORS - were used to realças cheeks or cheekbone during the evening.
EYE PENCIL - When used were the same color shadow applied in pápebra. Punks liked apply strong black pencil around the eye contour.
EYEBROWS - were well designed with tweezers and marked with eyebrow pencil. Relebrando the second half of the 20s
LASHES - the big star was the eyelids, but the masks were also used, but sparingly. Also used up false eyelashes.
The 80s was marked by several important events.
- November 4 - Ronald Reagan was elected US president.
- December 8 - John Lennon is murdered.
- July 29 - Wedding of Prince Charles and Diana.
- August 1, emergence of the MTV.
- AIDS Discovery.
- Michael Jackson thriller Launch.
- First liposuction surgery, performed by Dr. Yves Gerard Illouz.
- Dr. Luc Montagnier discovered the virus that causes AIDS - HIV.
- First mobile phone commercially available in the USA.
- The Menudo, musical group from Puerto Rico, which emerged in the 70s, achieved great success in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and some European countries, especially Spain. This group marked the beginning of Ricky Martin's career.
- 11 to 20 of January - 1st edition of Rock festival in Rio Brazil, with attractions such as Queen and Scorpions.
- January 28 recording of "WE ARE THE WORLD" by hunger in Africa.
- End of the Dictatorship in Brazil .
- Comet Halley.
- April 29 explosion of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant.
- End of Cold War.
- November 9, the Berlin Wall fall.
THE MEDIA IN 80 DECADE
In the 70s, television was one of the main means of entertainment, leaving the cinema a little aside. This was mainly due to the large number of American TV series which were a novelty at the time and the fact that the TV program already be in color.
In the 80s, the American TV series are still doing very well with the rise of MTV clips, but the the cinema responds with several movies and many with box-office record.
MAIN TV SERIES
- THE FALL GUY: from 81 to 86, starring Heather Thomas, Lee Majors and Douglas Barr.
- DYNASTY: 81 to 89, starring several actors, including John Forsythe, Linda Evans, Joan Collins, John James, Pamela Bellwood, Pamela Sue Martin, Catherine Oxenberg and Heather Locklear.
- FAMILY TIES: De 82 a 89, estrelada por Michael Gross, Meredith Baxter, Michael J. Fox, Justine Bateman, Tina Yothers e Brian Bonsall.
- MOONLIGHTING: 85 to 89, starring Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd.
– THE BKUE LAGOON
– E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL
- STAYING ALIVE
- THE TERMINATOR (
- KARATÉ KID
- POLICE ACADEMY
- BACK TO THE FUTURE
- TOP GUN
- FERRIS BUELLER`S DAY OFF
- CAN´T BUY ME LOVE
- THREE MEN AND A BABY
- LA BAMBA
- DIRTY DANCING
- LOOKS WHO`S TALKING
The leading actresses of the era that influenced very fashionable and behavior were: Brooke Shields, Catherine Oxenberg (Dynasty), Jane Fonda, Cybill Shepherd (The Cat and the Mouse), Demi Moore, Deryl Hannah (A Mermaid's Wife), Heather Locklear (Dynasty), Heather Thomas (The Fall Guy), Morgan Fairchil, Olivia Newton John, Meryl Streep, Michelle Pfeiffe, Justine Bateman (Family Ties), Jennifer Beals (Flashdance), Kim Cattrall (Police Academy) and Kim Basinger.
Brooke Shields Catherine Oxenberg
Demi Moore Deryl Hannah
Heather Locklear Heather Thomas
Morgan Fairchil Michelle Pfeiffer
Justine Bateman Jennifer Beals
Cybill Shepherd Kim Cattrall
Meryl Streep Kim Basinger
The actresses Jane Fonda and Olivia Newton John were responsible for aerobic fitness movement, which was a great fever in the 80s, dictating fashion and behavior. Jane Fonda recorded several videos that taught people to do aerobics at home.
In the 80s, men were very vain. The main actors influencing the masculine style were: Tom Cruise, Michael J. Fox (Back to the Future), Mathew Broderick (Bueller's Day Off), Patrick Swayze, John Travolta, Kevin Costner, Emilio Estevez, Mel Gibson, Richard Gere.
Tom Cruise Michael J. Fox
Mathew Broderick Patrick Swayze
John Travolta Kevin Costner
Emilio Estevez Mel Gibson
The term supermodel emerged in the 40s with Bettina Graziani model who worked with influential designers including Christian Dior and Hubert de Givenchy, her small waist helped define the 'New Look' Dior.
Bettina Graziani on the cover of L'Officiel Paris (1950)
In the 60s, the surpermodel was Twiggy, who graced many Vogue magazine covers.
The 70s saw the emergence of some supermodels. But it was in the 80s, with globalization and fashion shows being broadcast on television that there were several supermodels, who in addition to acting on the catwalk, and they appear on magazine covers and cosmetics ads, they also begin to make advertisements products out of the fashion market, such as soda Pepsi and Ford trucks. Some also served as actresses. Thus, they become very popular and well known. It was the first time that supermodels have become celebrities and celebrities have become supermodels. As well as artists and singers of the time, they also greatly influenced the fashion and behavior.
The main supermodels of the era were: Cindy Crawford, Ell MacPherson, Iman, Janice Dickinson, Kim Alex (at 83 became the model of the brand Ultima II Revlon), Linda Evangelista, Jill Goodacre (one of the main models Victoria Secret 80 and early 90), Renee Simonsen, Stephanie Seymour, Claudia Schiffer, Nancy Donahue, Nancy Deweir (one of the models of Max Factor), Kelly Emberg (several advertisements of the cover girl and maybelline) and Paulina Porizkova (with Brooke Shields, who in addition actress was a supermodel, it was taken as the main beauty icon of the decade).
Claudia Schiffer Paulina Porizkova
Cindy Crawford Ell MacPherson
Iman Janice Dickinson
Nancy Donahue Nancy Deweir
Jill Goodacre Kim Alexis
Linda Evangelista Renee Simonsen
GLOBALIZATION, DIVERSIFICATION AND FASHION POPULARIZATION
Fashion in the 80s has undergone several changes due to globalization and the many trends in pop culture phenomenon. The fashion spread faster than ever and became more widespread.
Changes in technology, expansion of the cable TV and the emergence of networks such as MTV, meant that fashion dictated by TV, movies, music and celebrities has become more accessible to fans and spectators.
In the 80s, there were various fashion styles. While in previous decades one or two styles predominated separate and successively during each period. In the 80s, several separate and distinct styles of all stripes were shared and popularized at once.
A EXPANSÃO DA RIQUEZA E OS YUPPIES
A major change in society during the 80s was the expansion of the middle class and creating a large group of young professionals on the rise known as "yuppies". Suddenly this group went on to win many income and was known for his focus on wealth and conspicuous consumption and conspicuous consumption. The fashion was a way for these young entrepreneurs to exhibit their wealth. Yuppies were known to be focused on the brand more than any other detail clothes.
They were also largely influenced by TV shows, MTV and movies, as well as the rest of the population.
The influence of the media on the fashion of the time was immeasurable. Music videos exhibited fashion in a way that had not been seen before. With the growth of specialized tabloids in the daily lives of celebrities, the rich and the young stars were highlighted imposing his style. Popular stars like Michael J. Fox became spokesmen for designers such as Calvin Klein. Fashion started to become an integral part of the definition of celebrity.
SHOPPINGS, MARCAS E DESIGNERS DE MODA
Yuppies were not the only people with disposable income during the eighties. The expanded middle class and the population in general was feeling richer. The malls begin to receive in addition to the rich class to middle class accession. And with that, it has become a place to shop, stroll and meet friends.
Families come out to more remote places to go to shopping malls, which usually were located in strategic points of major cities.
Popular brands during the decade were: Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Nike, Adidas, Banana Republic, The Gap, Izod, Lacoste, Members Only, and Gloria Vanderbilt Jeans.
Paris is renewed like the fashion center imposing new designers, tailors and the old perpetuating itself with a fresh style, simultaneously, Milan and London remain fierce competitors. The United States was the main market fashion ready-to-wear.
Already high luxury fashion will be influenced by the first lady Nancy Reagan, with their dresses from top designers like James Galanos, Bill Blass and Oscar de la Renta. Red was her favorite color.
England who popularized many styles, with its musical artists and punk culture, sees the birth of a new celebrity who will have great influence in the romantic style of the decade, which is the Princess Daiana.
Os designers de alta-costura que fizeram sucesso na década de 1980 incluem: Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Azzedine Alaia, John Galliano, Giorgio Armani, Dolce e Gabbana, Vivienne Westwood e Jean Paul Gaultier.
MUSIC AND FASHION
Thanks to the creation of MTV, some fashion trends were directly related to music. Bands of new wave and metal, hip hop groups and rappers and pop stars often have a variety of styles associated with his music, and fans tried to imitate.
The great artists of the time were: Madonna, Cindy Lauper, Tina Turner, Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, Prince, Freddie Mercury, Lionel Richie and Elton John. And the bands were Scorpions and A-ha and Menudo, especially for the teenage audience.
Madonna Cindy Lauper
Tina Turner Whitney Houston
Michael Jackson Prince
Freddie Mercury Lionel Richie
CLOTHING, ACCESSORIES AND FOOTWEAR
The silhouette of the 80 was X-shaped, with broad shoulders, thin waist and extending the hip.
This decade has been an explosion of vibrant colors.
Everything that was used was to be seen, the clothes were very colorful with a great predominance of neon colors. Some had a futuristic style, his shoulders were broad and, by using large shoulder pads. The accessories were great.
The female audience trends were:
Use and abuse of shoulder pads and ruffles, puffy sleeves and bat sleeves;
Jeans sets (with jackets and pants of the same washing);
Leggings in many different colors;
Ruffled skirts, Balone skirts, skirts with executive blazer and leather jackets;
Pinched dress with puffy sleeves, low waist and ruffled crepe or satin; low-cut dresses, with just top and skirt with ruffled tulle dress and Balone;
High baggys semi-waist pants.
Accessories such as belts, bracelets and earrings relógos with colorful bracelets.
Plastic shoes, leggings, sneakers and basqueteira All Star, boots and scarpin shoe made of the stylistic scene from beginning to end of the decade.
FOOTWEAR AND ACCESSORIES
The menswear consisted of jackets (jeans or leather); washed jeans with shirts of colored mesh or polo shirt;
Blazer with shoulder pads and slacks with tweezers
The masclinos shoes most used were: athletic shoes and Adidas All Star and moccasins.
The main accessories are: aviator sunglasses model, colorful suspenders and purses.
FOOTWEAR AND ACCESSORIES
CUTS AND HAIRSTYLES
In the 80s, the hair was too bulky and very full, and there were several types of cuts and hairstyles.
- MULLET - Widely used in the 70s and early 80s.
- SHORT PEAKED - is the height of the neck, all peaked, with much volume on top and quite close at the nape.
- SHORT SPIKE - is a version of peaked court, where the tips are facing up.
- SHORT MULTI LAYERS - It is a very large cut in the top and multilayer.
- SHORT CURLY - cut at the shoulder or neck, voluminous at the top and with multiple clusters.
- LONG CURLY
- CRESPO LONG CURLY
- CUT THE FARAH - was the most copied cut at the end of the 70s and during the 80s.
- CUT WITH MULTI LAYERS LONG - short layers at the top and peaked layers throughout the hair.
- FRIZZY - the hair was unkempt appearance. It was one of the most used hairstyles.
- TAIL SIDE HORSE - It was a hairstyle widely used among teenagers.
CUT HAIR MALE
- THE MULLET
- SHORT IN LAYERS
- LAYERS WITH WET GEL - cutting layers used with gel wet style was widely used.
- FLAT TOP - haircut black, vertical and forming a flat platform.
80 – Lancõme launch makup kit.
- Bourjois launch shadow blue bat, lipstick and nail polish.
81 – Avon launch 2nd fun collection.
- Dior launch nail polish and makeup kit consists of: quartet of shadows, eyeliner, duo blush and lipstick.
- Lancôme launch nail polish and makeup kit.
- Chanel launch lipstick.
82 - Bourjois launch colored shadows.
- Cover Girl launch nail polish and makeup kit composed of: foundation, powder, lipstick and eyelashes mask.
- Dior launch nail polish and makeup kit vibrant colors, composed of lipstick, quartet of shadows and colored eyeliners.
- Max Factor Maxi launch line consists of: lipstick, shadows and mask lashes.
- Maybelline launch quartet of colored shadows.
83 – Coty launch extraordinary lipstick 24 hours
- Maybelline launch lipstick waterproof.
- Max Factor launch foundation and blush cream and collection Spice Of Life.
- Cover Girl launch kit of brushes and accessories makeup and bright lipstick.
- Givenchy launch Duo shadows and lipstick.
- Lancõme launch blush and lipstick with the slogan – à la fraich.
- Loreal launch makeup kit composed of duo shadows and blush duo
- Revlon launch lipstick and nail polish.
- Ultima II launch makeup kit.
84 – Coty launch lipstick and shadows kit.
- Max Factor launch foundation and lipstick with the slogan Whipped Cream - whipped cream.
- Loreal launch duo blush, lipstick, nail polish and makeup kit colors.
- Estée Lauder launch lipstick waterproof.
- Lancôme launch nail polish and makeup kit consists of: lipstick, blush and shadow.
- Cover Girl launch lipstick satin.
- Maybelline launch Dual Collor Eye Pencils and line shine free look, consisting of: base, blush and mask of colored lashes.
- Shiseido launch makeup kit.
- Ultima II launch The Naked line, developed by Kelvyn Aucoin.
- Guerlain launch fascinating and colorful lipsticks
85 – Dior launch nail polish and makeup kit colored, composed of quartet shadows, eye pencils of various colors and lipstick pink neon.
- Elizabeyh Arden launch nail polish and shadows kit and lipstick.
- Loreal launch trio of shadows, lipstick and nail polish.
- Estée Lauder launch perfect lipstick.
- Lancôme launch Liquid shadow of neon colors and kit consists of quintet shadows and lipstick.
- Guerlain launch lipstick pink neon.
- Maybeline launch colored makeup kit, consisting of shadow quartet, blush and foundation.
- Revlon launch and vibrant pink nail polish.
- Ultima II launch makeup kit.
- YSL launch makeup kit, composed of shadow duo, eye liner, lipstick and blush. And Ovation collection, consisting of: shadow duo, blush, eye liner, compact powder, lipstick and nail polish.
86 - Dior launch Second colored makeup kit consists of: quartet of shadows, duo blush, eye pencil and eyeliner.
- Guirlan launch nail polish and makeup kit consists of duo shadows, blush and lipstick.
- Ultima II launch colored shadows.
- YSL launch makeup kit and line kaleidoscope.
- Lancôme lauch red makeup kit, composed of blush, eye shadow and lipstick. Launch kit composed of duo shadows and blush duo and also kit consists of: shadows. quartet and lipstick.
- Loreal launch kit of shadows, lipstick and nail polish.
- Cutex launch trio of shadows, lipstick pencils and nail polish.
- Revlon launch trio kit of shadows.
87 - Cover Girl launch Illuminator, blush and contour.
- Lancôme launch quartet of shadows, lipstick and eyelashes mask.
- Dior launch quintet kit of shadows and lipstick.
- Revlon lauch lipstick and choral nail polish.
88 – Dior launch lipstick and new quintet of colored shadows.
- Lancôme launch shadow quartet.
- Chanel launch Tend Creme et Blanc crème
89 – Dior launch illuminator, quintet of colorful eyeshadows and lipstick.
CHARACTERISTICS OF MAKEUP
Like everything in the 80s, the makeup was also very striking and very colorful. Everything was allowed. Very monochromatic makeup (with the vibrant colors red or pink fuchsia) and colorful makeup it is used.
Unlike the 70s, where the blue was the color of the decade, makeup in the 80s, did not have a single color, all colors were used.
In the early 80s, still maintained the characteristics of the makeup of the 70, mainly blue eye shadows. However, the shades were predominantly vibrant (and not the pastel shades of the 70s), resembled the makeup used in the record at the end of the decade of 70. For this reason, many people confuse the 70s with the 80. However, the makeup of the 80 had characteristics that made it odd
LIPSTICK - was applied in the same way it is implemented today, the most used colors were neon pink, vibrant red and orange. The lipstick color always matched the blush color.
FOUNDATION - was the same skin tone and the bases with a little light was preferred.
POWDER - was the only item of makeup used in a very subtle way.
BLUSH - was the main item of makeup. There were two main ways of applying it and, in all, it was rather sharp.It is the most significant feature of makeup in this decade.
In monochrome makeup, the blush was applied at the bottom of the cheeks at the same time the opening of the nostrils and toward the lip ends (almost in the same position where today the outline is applied), and rises inclined and linearly for finding with the shadow, on the outside of the eye. As shown in dotted lines on the images below.
In other makeup, the blush was applied at the bottom of the cheeks at the same time the opening of the nostrils and toward the lip ends (almost in the same position where today the outline is applied), going up inclined and linearly to meet with the shadow
The most used colors were fuchsia pink and red.
SHADOW - was applied to the entire mobile eyelid and sometimes on the fixed eyelid, pulling to the outside line of the eyebrow. He used is one, two or three colors. at the same time. All colors were used, mostly pink, red and blue.
MASK - was applied to lengthen and separate lashes well, making the effect "doll lashes." He used of all colors.
EYELINER - was widely used to bypass the line of the upper and lower lashes. The color usually was the same shadow.
EYE PENCIL - When not used the eyeliner was applied to the lower lash line.
Para mim, foi muito agradável relembrar a década de 80, pois tenho muitas memórias deste período, no qual vivi o resto da minha infância e início da pré-adolescência. Se fosse possível voltar ao tempo, ou se eu tivesse um amigo tipo Doutor Brown, que levou Marty McFly - De Volta Para Futuro - iria pedir para ele criar a máquina que me levasse - De Voltaa Para o Passado, pois eu gostaria muito de reviver esta década, dela só tenho boas lembranças. Uma das minhas melhores lembranças vem do final da década, no período em que frequentava a inésquecível "Boate do Guaraná".
In the early 90s, the economy, politics, technology and culture advance and have specific characteristics that moment, but clearly no motion with a rupture last decade. The early years of this decade carry the dominant genes' 80s, the new manifest themselves more as the realization of the potential of these legacy than as inaugural events.
Globalization continued and accelerated with the fall of the Berlin Wall (1988), and with the crisis and the collapse of the Soviet Union. Cultural events as the third wave of feminism, environmentalism, grunge, west hip hop, house music / rave, skatboard culture and geeks have emerged or are derivations of movements of the 80s or earlier.
On the other hand, despite many commonalities, the second half of the 90s is commonly associated with the early twenty-first century, as a precursor period of trends that will be consolidated in the early years of the new century. Following this perspective, many point to the second half of the 90s as a starting point for those born in the generation Z.
- Release of Nelson Mandela.
- Launch of the Hubble Space Telescope.
- Margaret Thatcher resigns the post of prime minister of England.
- Version 1.0 release of Adobe Photoshop image editor.
- Sir Tim Berners-Lee develops HTML, the identifier URL and the HTTP protocol.
- Madonna launches "justify my love."
- Death of Freddie Mercury
- Launches Nirvana smells like teen spirit
- The internet is beginning to be commercially available
- Boris Yeltsin became the first elected president of Russia
- Launch of the first DSLR camera commercially available (Kodak DCS 100)
- Signature of the Treaty of Maastricht to the creation of the European Union
- inauguration of the Euro Disney in France.
- Inauguration of US President Bill Clinton
- Czechoslovakia splits into Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Intel introduced the Pentium microprocessor.
- Terrorist Attack on the World Trade Center.
- Nelson Mandela became president of South Africa.
- Opening of the Eurotunnel.
- Death F1 Ayrton Senna pilot.
- Princess Diana and Prince Charles divorced.
- Arises the Web TV.
- Diana's death.
- Announcement of the first cloned sheep - Dolly
- Emergence of google
- Introduction of the official currency of the eurozone.
EVENTS AND TRENDS
The 90's had various styles and one of the leading early in the decade was grunge.
Grunge (sometimes called Seattle Sound and Seattle sound) is a subgenre of alternative rock that emerged in the late 1980s in the city of Seattle, inspired by hardcore punk, heavy metal and by the indie rock.
The grunge term - which in its original sense means "dirt" or "filth" in English - describes both the visual style (shaggy hair, old and loose clothing) bands and fans, as the saturated and distorted sound of the guitars that give the tone of the songs.
The only genre began to decline after the suicide of his idol, Kurt Cobain, leader of Nirvana in 1994.
- THE 3rd WAVE FEMINISM
The late 80s and early 90s was not easy for traditional feminist groups. Not only the ideological crisis caused by the fall of the Berlin Wall, as well as the hurricane Madonna created a tsunami causing changes in the feminist movement, ushering in the 3rd wave.
Within the feminist movement, there are voices that rediscutem femininity and argue that you can be a feminist while wearing makeup and other beauty items associated with sexist domination, in a positive perspective. This group was assigned the name of lipstick feminism.
Besides lipstick feminism, there are other movements such as Riot Grrrl and Slut Feminism, which will use less makeup as the object of increasing discussion or embellishment and more like one of the instruments of expression of their ideological struggle. The look takes many different possible ways, and the "kinderwhore" Courtney Love, without doubt, the most iconic of all.
In the second half of the 90s, with the success of boy bands, the teen consumer market draws investors' attention to further and we see the emergence of various "cultural products" for this audience. The industrialized feminism gives rise to new Girl Power ready for consumption by adolescents without contraindications. The Spice Girls, teens other singers and a whole new generation of super-heroines are massively consumed.
- THE AESTHETIC "HEROIN CHIC"
Many have suffered criticism for being aesthetic, a fact that greatly enhanced the visibility. For many it was the expression of nihilist values that dominated the fashion world, others highlighted the risks inherent in glamorizing process of drugs and, finally, accused this aesthetic to have traces of androgyny, misogyny, and even pedophilia and promote a standard feminimo of beauty even more intangible.
The model Jaime King, a heroin addict, is considered one of the inspirations, but the queen and icon of this aesthetic is the British model Kate Moss, who in 1993 starred in the campaign of Calvin Klein, beginning the great diffusion of this aesthetic that was relevant but not popular in the middle of the decade.
Pale, malnourished models with youthful look, androgynous, without power and in a context related to drug addiction to synthesize the images.
The photograph was the main media used for the dissemination of this aesthetic, with large use of black and white photo.
The makeup sought to neutralize any trace of natural health and vitality at the same time emphasized traits associated with addiction. This translated into a pale makeup, no color or brightness, sometimes highlighted with dark circles and smoky eyes or blurred.
Another important detail of makeup, even when the skin was not prepared, were the techniques used to check or bounced on the face of models signs of emaciation and malnutrition. The sinking effect of the cheeks was the most sought and was done more intensely and with better results the photographs in black and white.
What migrated from advertising and catwalk to the real world at the time was the trend of a makeup more neutral colors, matte foundations and lipsticks and the desire of women to have their cheeks transformed the secrets of makeup or the scalpels of Plastic Surgeons .
As in previous decades, MTV and actresses of the TV series continue to influence fashion and behavior.
SERIAL OF TV
- BEVERLY HILLS, 90210: 1990 to May 2000, starring Jennie Garth, Jason Priestley, Ian Ziering, Shannen Doherty, Tori Spelling, Brian Austin Green, Luther Perry,
- BAYWATCH :1991 to 2001 starring Pamela Anderson, Nicole Eggert and Yasmine Bleeth.
Uma Thurman, Camaron Dias, Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman, Kate Winslet, Sharon Stone, Sandra Bullock, Julianne Moore, Rachel Weisz, Famke Janssen, Pamela Anderson, Angelina Jolie, Calista Flockhart, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Jennie Garth, Shannen Doherty, Tori Spelling, Jennifer Aniston e Yasmine Bleeth
Uma Thurman Camaron Dias
Nicole Kidman Julia Roberts
Sharon Stone Sandra Bullock
Kate Winslet Julianne Moore
Yasmine Bleeth Famke Janssen
Pamela Anderson Angelina Jolie
Catherine Zeta-Jones Calista Flockhart
Shannen Doherty Jennie Garth
Tori Spelling Jennifer Aniston
Throughout the 90s, supermodels are the protagonists of the fashion industry, much influencing the people who attended the fashion shows through the TV. The top models of the decade were: Linda Evangelista, Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, Eva Herzigova (em 92 passou a ser o rosto das roupas Guess substiuindo claudia schiffier), Nadja Auermann, Christy-Turlingto, Daniela Pestova Turlington, Kate Moss (fez campanhas para Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Calvin Klein, Chanel e Rimmel), Carla Bruni, Tatiana Sorokko, Helena Christensen, Claudia Schiffer, Niki Taylor, Karen Mulder, Yasmeen Ghauri, Stephanie Seymour, Kirsty Hume, Shalom Harlow, Kristina Semenovskaia (modelo da Dior) e Tyra Banks.
Eva Herzigova Naomi Campbell
Nadja Auermann Christy-Turlingto
Kate Moss Daniela Pestova
Carla Bruni Tatiana Sorokko
Helena Christensen Niki Taylor
Karen Mulder Yasmeen Ghauri
Kirsty Hume Stephanie Seymour
Kristina Semenovskaia Shalom Harlow
- JEANS WITH MESH SMOCKS
- OVERALLS SHORT
- MINI SKIRTS
- SKIRTS SOCIAL MIDI